Sunday, January 4, 2009

Celebrity Idiot of the Week - Heck Maybe the Decade


Define irony. A fat comedian making fun of fat people. And British to boot. I don't know how many Brits I have heard lately commenting on the overwhelming number of grossly obese Americans.

Comedian Ricky Gervais says says people who have liposuction and gastric band operations are "lazy f---ing fat pigs". Having been a fat person most of my life, and currently at my highest weight ever, I would not consider gastric bypass only because I personally know five people who have had it, two of them twice. All of them gained back all the weight they lost and one of them died from complications of the surgery. It isn't safe. I transcribe reports for the surgery sometimes and some of the people are 230 pounds or even less. I don't consider that grossly obese but what do I k now.

Gervais also said "I really don't know why a doctor under a hippocratic oath takes the risk of something going badly wrong, sometimes with general anaesthetic, because someone can't be bothered to go for a f---ing run.

"They have bits sliced off and tied up and sucked out. I want to say to them, 'You lazy f---ing fat pig. Just go for a run and stop eating burgers. You might f---ing die'. If your arse is too f---ing fat, stop eating and go for a run."

Gervais, whose star appears to be rising in Hollywood, said in September that he felt ashamed of his weight and added that said overweight people should be branded 'fatty' to cut rocketing obesity rates. Oh, yeah, that will help. I have been called fatty and a whole lot worse all my life. Who is he kidding? Fat prejudice has been alive and well in the US ever since England gave us Twiggy.

He said: "I don't think there's enough stigma. With all the political correctness now, and the fact that food is so refined, there's no stigma any more." He's an absolute idiot. There is just as much stigma as there ever was, especially in the medical community. He needs to come and live in America for awhile, especially in Hollywood. I guarantee he would be labeled so fast his jolly little belly would still be shaking from getting off the plane.

"I laugh about being fat, but I should be ashamed. I should walk down the street and have people shouting 'Fatty!'. That's what I want, to get me out of it," he said. Well have at it joy boy. If humiliation is your diet of choice, I am sure you will be obliged here in the United States. Or better yet, go to the Philippines. Those people have no compunction about telling you that you're fat. I found that out when I lived in Saudi Arabia.

He added: "In supermarkets, the really fattening stuff should be behind a really thin door. Shops should be full of salads, but if you want to get to the pies and cakes, you've got to crawl through a little tube." When I lived in California, there was a restaurant called "The Thinnery." The booths were purposefully made super small so that if you were the slightest bit fat, and I am saying 150 or more, you simply wouldn't fit. Maybe I'll write and tell him about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment