Thursday, December 31, 2009

Movie Recommendation: AVATAR

I rarely ever recommend movies to anyone. There was a time I knew every movie out, every actor in it, who wrote the music, who designed the costumes and on and on. I used to make my kids sit at the end of the movies and watch all the credits. ALL of them. They still do that and so do I. James Cameron's lastest movie, Avatar, is absolute brilliance. A long movie, 2 hours and 40 minutes, I never once found myself thinking THIS IS A LONG MOVIE! Very strong undergones of Native America down to using the voice of Wes Studi. The rituals, belief system, etc., of the native peoples of Pandora are strongly aligned with our own Native Americans. If you miss this visually stunning masterpiece in the theaters, it will just be a shame.


Official Avatar Movie

No comments:

Post a Comment